Canon CN7x17 Zoom Lens (Hire)
£200.00 ex VAT
- Focal length of 17-120mm T2.95 Perfect for Broadcast/Documentary Work
- Superb 4K Optical Performance
- Covers Super 35 Sensors – C300 II, C500, Sony F55, ARRI Alexa MINI, Varicam LT/35 etc.
- Includes Servo Drive Unit
- High-Speed Zoom, Iris and Focusing
- 11 Blade Aperture for Pleasing and Organic Bokeh Effect
- Detachable Servo Unit for Cinema Applications
The Canon CN7x17 KAS Cine Servo Lens 17-120mm T2.95 is a lens which supports 4K resolution and performs very much like a B4 Mount ENG Lens. Its compact and lightweight design allows it to be used comfortably for on the shoulder shooting, so it isn’t out-of-place within the broadcast environment. However, with the drive unit removed, it can be operated like a traditional cine lens.
High performance, highly versatile
Canon has created a lens offering outstanding quality across the image. The CN7x17 supports 4K resolution and incorporates an 11-blade diaphragm to deliver softer out of focus areas.
Thanks to an impressive 7x zoom, and a focal length spanning 17mm to 120 mm, the CN7x17 KAS S E1/P1 may be the only lens you need. A 3-group inner focus system developed for Canon lenses reduces focus breathing to an absolute minimum. It is both weatherproof and shockproof and durable enough for every shooting environment.
Designed for broadcast shooting styles
The CN7x17 employs a servo drive unit, enabling use in broadcast-style shooting environments where cine lenses are impractical. Compact and lightweight, it offers comfortable on-the-shoulder shooting with the familiar feel of a typical TV zoom lens. Focus ring rotation is 180°, balancing the accuracy required for 4K imaging with the speed needed for broadcast use. High resolution encoders mean that actions are precisely repeatable, whilst fast start-up and high-speed operation ensure you never miss a moment.
For tripod-based set-ups, existing Canon demand units can be used to control zoom, focus and iris. Virtual studio use is also supported thanks to a sophisticated 16-bit encoder output.
Perfect movie shoots
This lens is also ideal for movie shooting. With the drive unit removed, it can be operated like a traditional cine lens. Industry-standard accessories such as follow focus units are easily attached – 0.8 and 0.5 pitch gears are incorporated into the focus ring. Re-installation of the drive unit is simple. No adjustment of gear positions is required, enabling a fluid, versatile shooting style previously unavailable with large sensor cameras. All Cinema EOS lenses are colour-matched, ensuring easy integration with other Canon cine lenses.
The CN7x17 supports multiple lens communication methods which adds versatility. Canon’s EF-mount supports lens metadata and other functions such as Peripheral Illumination Correction. A 12-pin serial connection provides an interface found in broadcast environments. Cooke /i Technology is supported in the PL-mount variant. This allows capture of lens data by cameras often used in movie shooting environments.
Now available to hire from our Manchester office. Call now for pricing: 0161 868 1390
- Hybrid glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
- Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- VDSLR II CINE LENS
- Set of 6 Samyang VDSLR MkII Cine lenses. Includes 14mm T3.1, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5,85mm T1.5 and 135mm T2.2 lenses. They arrive in a custom case which is durable and designed to protect the lenses against damage.
- Supplied in fully fitted custom case
- Rubber handle for comfortable grip
- Tough locking clips