Professional handheld camcorder records 4K using the XAVC format on to XQD solid state memory cards: The PXW-Z100 uses Exmor R™ CMOS sensors capable of 4K resolution (4096 x 2160) at 60 fps or 50fps, while weighing under 3 kg even with a 4K-compatible high-performance G lens™ mounted. The recording format is XAVC, which was first used in the PMW-F55 digital cinema camera. As with the F55, 4K 60p 4:2:2 10-bit recording is possible at a high bit rate of 500Mbps or 600 Mbps. QFHD (3840 x 2160) and HD (1920 x 1080) resolutions, which have high compatibility with 4K TV, can also be selected.
For extended recording, XAVC LongGOP (QFHD 4:2:0 8-bit / Full HD 4:2:2 10-bit) and AVCHD are supported via firmware upgrades. As the PXW-Z100 can be used in the same way as conventional professional handy-type cameras, 4K content can be recorded by a minimal number of staff. In addition, during editing for a HD project, 4K source material provides significant additional creative options.
Sony’s PXW-Z100 is a professional camcorder designed to expand the range of 4K recording possibilities even in low-budget environments.
- Back Illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor (8.8million effective pixels 1/2.3-inch).
- XAVC Intra codec (4096×2160, 4:2:2 10-bit at 600Mbps).
- Upgrade path to XAVC LongGOP and AVCHD.
- Wide-angle 20x optical zoom Sony G-Lens (30-600mm equivalent to 35mm).
- Two XQD memory card slots.
- Relay recording between two XQD cards.
- High-quality audio recording (24bit 48kHz).
- 4K HDMI and 3G HD-SDI outputs.
- Time code input/output.
- Wi-Fi remote control.