The Sony PXW-FS7 offers high resolution, latitude, exposure, and colour reproduction, in a robust, lightweight practical design.
When it comes to the Sony PXW-FS7 it’s all about choice. Creative shot options are afforded by the Super 35mm CMOS sensor, Sony E-mount system, super slow motion (that can reach 7.5x when playing cinematic 24fps), two XQD media slots, and 4k and HD recording.
Thanks to its technical superiority and mobility, the Sony FS7 is the ideal tool for reality TV, magazine shows, corporate and commercial applications.
The Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F/4 G OSS lens offers a wide range on full frame, as well as offering manual focus with min/infinity hard stops and an internal zoom monitor. It’s small and lightweight, but this lens is also quieter in operation compared to Cine zooms. Being a par focal lens, it also ensures focus is maintained even when focal length is changed. There are three control rings for iris, zoom and focus, offering manual control for large format production. Built in optical Steadyshot image stabilisation and quiet zooming adds to the remarkable performance of this truly outstanding lens.
This camera has been sculpted in a simple, streamlined handheld design, built to remain comfortable over the course of long shoots. With a completely redesigned ergonomic grip, handling is easier and the adjustable arm section makes the Sony FS7 ideal for one-man operation in all environments.
The Sony PXW-FS7 frame is made out of magnesium to deliver maximum rigidity, while still being lightweight. With the camera body weighing just 2KG, even with lens attachments it still feels supremely light. The body has been designed to rest comfortably against your chest or sit well on your shoulder, making prolonged holds and tricky positions less uncomfortable.
This hardy camera has also been designed to withstand harsh environments. It’s dust-proof, splash-proof, with sealed dials, and is an ideal documentary camera for solo cameramen.
The Sony FS7 offers some superb features including the high-sensitivity Super 35mm Exmore CMOS sensor with 11.6 million pixels as well as 8.8 million effective pixels delivering full 4K resolution.
It has a dynamic range of 14 stops exposure, providing the option to shoot in extreme high and low light situations. The native ISO 2000 sensitivity will enable you to carry on filming in the lowest light environments, and thanks to the built-in ND filters (and the 2, 4, and 6 stops) it’s possible to generate shallow depth of field even in bright daylight.
- 4K Super35 "Exmor" Sensor
- Shoot 100Mbps 4K with XAVC codec
- High frame rates up to 240fps
- Dual SD Media card slots
- LAN port for live streaming
- 8.3MP Super 35mm CMOS sensor; Full HD
- Interchangeable lens (EF mount)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF for accurate and reliable focusing*
- Compact, modular, lightweight
- 50Mbps MPEG-2 MXF to CF card
- High sensitivity, low noise
- Canon Log Gamma
- 24.00p for movie production
- Wi-Fi remote control
- Seamless workflow integration
- 12.2 MP Full-Frame 4K CMOS Sensor
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- 1080p/120fps Slow Motion
- Internal 4K UHD Recording in XAVC-S
- S-log3 Gamma & Log View Assist
- Matches the VariCam 35 with its 4K Super 35 MOS Sensor
- Record dramatic slow-motion at up to 240 fps in HD
- Record in incredible 4K, UHD, 2K, and HD proxy formats
- Complete connectivity, including 3x 3G-SDI out ports
- Range of Panasonic and third-party accessories available