Compact and lightweight, the Canon XA30 Professional Camcorder is perfect for news gatherers and journalists. This camcorder can record discreetly while on the move without compromising on quality. The camera is also exceptionally easy to use, featuring extensive automatic functions, ideal for corporate and education environments.
In addition to the standard gamma recording mode, the XA30 offers Wide DR and Highlight Priority Gamma modes. Wide DR compresses high brightness areas to achieve a wider dynamic range of 600%. This not only helps suppress overexposure, but also produces smooth gradations in highlights and shadows, all while maintaining a finalised look that eliminates the need for post-production processing. The Highlight Priority Mode gives an HDR-like quality to your video by reducing the amount of highlight and mid-tone compression on the gamma curve, which helps to maintain highlight exposure. The mode also enhances brightness and saturation for more faithful colour reproduction. A View Assist Mode is available to support this mode, enabling you to more accurately monitor what the final images will look like.
The XA30 features both a 3.5″ OLED Touch Panel view screen with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, and a colour electronic viewfinder with 1,560,000 dots of resolution. The camera features full manual control and auto modes for exposure, focus, white balance, gain, and shutter speed. The camera provides professional features such as a pre-record buffer, peaking, zebra bars, colour bars, and reference tone. The zoom speed is adjustable with variable, constant (with 16 different speed levels), fast, normal and slow settings. The camera features a detachable top handle with zoom toggle, record start/stop, IR emitter, tally light, accessory shoe, external mic holder and two XLR connectors with phantom power and manual audio level controls. The XA30 includes a built-in headphone jack and a mini-HDMI connector, and outputs composite video and audio via a 3.5mm four pole mini jack.
Two built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots allow you to record video to available media cards in both slots at the same time. This allows you to create an instant back up copy for archiving and data protection or you can capture high resolution AVCHD or MP4 video files on one card while creating a lower data rate MP4 more suitable for the web on the other card. When using two media cards and the camera is in Relay mode, there is no need to stop shooting to swap out a full media card. When one card becomes full, recording seamlessly switches to the other card. Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows you FTP video files directly from the camera, or playback footage from the memory cards to Wi-Fi enabled TVs and Computers. You can also remotely control select camera functions from a smart phone or tablet over Wi-Fi, freeing you from remote cables.
Canon XA30 Features:
- Wide 26.8 mm, f/1.8-2.8 lens, 20x zoom with intelligent 5-axis OIS and Dynamic IS.
- 1/2.84” HD CMOS Pro sensor with improved sensitivity for enhanced low-light performance and lower noise.
- Wide DR mode (600%) and Highlight Priority mode maintain highlight / shadow detail for a more natural image.
- Dual-format recording: Full HD AVCHD (28Mbps) or MP4 (35Mbps) to 2 x SD cards.
- Detachable handle with professional XLR inputs and built-in IR lamp.
- 8.77cm (3.5”) OLED touchscreen for excellent resolution, contrast and XA30 colour reproduction.
- 1.56m dot EVF and 45° tilt for flexible shooting.
- Fast and slow motion (x2 to x1200) with interval recording in MP4 mode.
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi for remote control, file transfer/upload and browser preview.