Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4
£3,095.00 ex VAT
A revolution in video production. The large-format Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L brings high-end quality cine-servo features like super-smooth servo zoom and focus at an affordable price point.
Based on Canon’s heritage in optical design and performance, the CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is equipped with a resolving power that matches 4K, producing exceptionally high quality images. The 18-80mm focal length range equates to a 4.4x zoom ratio with stable T4.4 number maintained across the entire zoom range. It has exceptional 4K resolving power from the centre to the edges. Thanks to three Canon Image Stabilisation system modes, the lens ensures complete stability even whilst the camera is hand-held. The CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S also features a nine-blade diaphragm, to give the much-loved ‘bokeh’ look while a colour-balanced barrel matches the other Cinema EOS lenses.
This lens is the perfect companion for single-shooters. Weighing in at just 1.2kg, the CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is small and light. Its compact size and weight also means it can be used for drone-style shooting or in restricted positions. The CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is easy to function, taking away the need to switch between lenses. This opens up a variety of shooting opportunities for single users.
Those using the lens for professional use, such as documentary filmmakers, can also benefit from its incredible servo performance as the servo unit is incorporated on the lens’s body, enabling precise digital zoom operations. Users are able to achieve maximum speed and responsiveness with seamless switching between auto and manual focusing and zoom. For those using a shoulder-style rig or shooting hand-held in demanding positions, the dedicated zoom grip is a perfect accessory – the grip simply attaches to the side of the lens, offering simple integration and zoom management.
The lens features minimal focus breathing, thanks to the 3-group inner focus system. Users are able to quickly change focus without losing viewing angles, perfect for those capturing fast moving activities.
Canon EF mount compatibility provides support for fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus, camera-to-lens servo power supply, automatic lens metadata acquisition for easy post-processing, and lens functions such as peripheral illumination correction. Optional Canon ZSG-C10 remote zoom grip (sold separately) offers fluid zoom control, a dedicated one-shot AF button, and the flexibility to use handheld, shoulder-mounted or with a tripod.
CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 Features:
- Zoom lens covering 18-80mm focal length.
- Optical zoom of 4.4x.
- Constant Brightness and consistent performance across range T4.4 (equivalent of f/4).
- Servo and manual operation to suit shooting movies or professional applications.
- Colour balance consistent with EOS Cinema lens series.
- 3 types of image stabilisation.
- Compact size and lightweight.
- 4K superior level of optical performance.
- 9 blade iris for attractive bokeh.
- Minimal focus breathing.
- Detachable servo for shoulder style operation (optional).
- Hybrid glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
- Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- VDSLR II CINE LENS
- Set of 6 Samyang VDSLR MkII Cine lenses. Includes 14mm T3.1, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5,85mm T1.5 and 135mm T2.2 lenses. They arrive in a custom case which is durable and designed to protect the lenses against damage.
- Supplied in fully fitted custom case
- Rubber handle for comfortable grip
- Tough locking clips
Wide to telephoto zoom lens, with the focus, zoom, and iris barrels geared with standard 0.8 film pitch, which provides an interface for the removable ENG-style digital drive unit. Features a T3.5 Maximum Aperture with 9 Iris Blades, and a 31.5mm Diameter Image Circle.